Hi, I am Björn Rohles, a media scholar focussing on the digital world. I write, teach and analyse, in particular regarding digitalisation, User Experience and web design.
Who I am
I finished my studies in Trier (Germany) and Lyon (France). I specialised in user and reception research, learning with digital media and design of digital products.
I am the author of a book ("Grundkurs gutes Webdesign", 2nd edition) and various articles about digitalisation. I love sharing my knowledge in workshops and analyse the digital transformation as a blogger and journalist. I have been working as project manager in agencies and enterprises for several years, specialising on the conception, design, development and strategy of digital products.
I am working as a doctoral candidate in human-computer interaction at the University of Luxembourg since Octobre 2017.
Memberships and social engagement
- Member of the German UPA
- Chairman of Medianetz Trier, the association of students and alumni of media studies in Trier
- Member of the German Red Cross
- more than ten years of honorary engagement for people with mental disabilities
Programming languages and technologies
- Swift, Java, Objective-C (basic knowledge)
- German (mother tongue)
- English, French (very good)
- Spanish (basic knowledge)